We haven’t been having too many “cold winter days” lately, but a warm comforting soup just sounded good!
The soup gets it’s creaminess from using an immersion blender to puree the potatoes and leeks. Whole-milk yogurt is used instead of heavy cream, so overall it’s a pretty healthy soup. It’s amazing with some crusty bread like a French baguette. I have to be careful bringing crusty bread in the house…it is dangerous for us, we could eat a whole loaf between the two of us (we did just that with this recipe!!) 😉
1 TBSP. olive oil
1 TBSP. unsalted butter
3 leeks, white and pale green parts only, sliced crosswise
1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
4 medium unpeeled potatoes, coarsely chopped
4 C. salt-free Chicken or Vegetable Stock
¼ to ½ tsp. ground white pepper
½ C. plain whole-mile yogurt
Fresh chives or fresh parsley for serving
- Use sauté setting to melt butter and heat oil.
- Stir in the leeks and salt and sauté until the leeks have softened, stirring infrequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, stock and pepper.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot lid. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When time is up makes sure Instant Pot is off and allow pressure to release naturally.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup in the Instant Pot.
- Add the yogurt just before serving.
Adapted from the Hip Pressure Cooking cookbook.