I seriously make these like once a week. They are great when you are craving something sweet and overall not too bad for you! This was my very first recipe I made COMPLETELY in my Vitamix….can I just say super easy and awesome!! The last time I made them was while dinner was cooking!
1 (15.oz) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
3 large eggs
½ pure maple syrup
1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 C. dark chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Premium Baking Chips)—don’t add these to the blender, I made that mistake the first time I made these. They’ll be used at the very end to top off the muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin paper or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with about 4 chocolate chips; push into batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and ENJOY!
Makes 12 muffins, 1 serving each.
21 Day Fix: 1 Yellow, 2 tsp.
Borrowed shamelessly from teambeachbody.com.