I know you’re thinking…avocados in brownies, are you kidding me??? Yes, avocados are used for their healthy fats so we don’t have to load up the brownies with things like butter!!
These definitely turned out better than I expected. They have a very rich chocolate flavor…think molten lava cake. They are not as sweet as your boxed brownies but you still get a yummy chewy brownie when you want something rich and decadent!
Nonstick cooking spray—I used Pam coconut oil
1 medium ripe avocado
¼ C. extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
1 large egg
½ C. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¾ C. unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ C. gluten-free flour
1/3 C. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
- Add avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in blender. Mix on low until blended.
- Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add cocoa powder mixture to blender. Mix on low until blended.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix on low until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
- Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into 16 squares.
Makes 16 servings, 1 brownie each.
21 Day Fix: ½ Yellow, 2 tsp.