I LOVE risotto. But I don’t love the time it takes to make it. I very rarely find the time to stand over the stove and stir rice for an hour, so I thought I got this Instant Pot, there has to be a way to do risotto in it. And sure enough there is!!!
I was very skeptical using the Instant Pot. I figured the rice wouldn’t cook right, it would be too soft and mushy or under cooked. Well I stand corrected…it was AMAZING!!! I’m talking risotto in 8 minutes. What can’t this Instant Pot do???
1 TBSP. olive oil
1 TBSP. butter
½ C. chopped shallots (about 1 large shallot)
3 cloves garlic minced
3 C. chopped broccoli—I just used the “tops”
1 ½ C. Arborio rice
½ C. white wine
3 ½ C. chicken stock
¼ C. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 ¼ C. shredded 2% mild cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped
Juice of half a lemon.
Paprika (optional—for sprinkling on top)
- Pre-heat Instant Pot using the SAUTE setting.
- Add the oil, shallots and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the white wine and cook for 1 minute, or until the wine is almost evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock and stir to mix.
- Lock the lid in place and cook on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- Reduce pressure with the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove lid.
- Stir in cheeses and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and paprika.
Serves 6…even though I could probably all of it myself!! 🙂