How to make Chickpeas in an Instant Pot
1 lb. dried chickpeas
- Pick over the chickpeas to remove any that are discolored or shriveled. Rinse and drain in a colander.
- Add the chickpeas to the insert of an Instant Pot and cover with 3-4 inches of water.
- Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure and set the timer for 35 minutes.
- When the cooking is done and you hear the beeps, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Strain off the liquid and refrigerate or freeze or use immediately, which is what I did for my Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas.
Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
3 C. cooked chickpeas
2 TBSP. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. sea salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with ingredients until evenly coated.
- Spread chickpeas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet, I lined mine with parchment paper since I was making another batch of roasted chickpeas and cleanup is super easy.
- Bake until crisp, 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!!!