I wasn’t feeling well so I was trying to figure out what I could make that I had all of the ingredients at home AND could use my Instant Pot. My husband had been talking about Chinese over the weekend so I thought maybe I can concoct a teriyaki chicken recipe. We not only have an Instant Pot but we have another pressure cooker so I had both going…this Instant Pot for the chicken and the other pressure cooker for the rice.
I would say this turned out as good what we would get from a restaurant AND I know what is in it…no MSG or oils. Looks like we found a quick go-to for the next time we’re craving Chinese!! Now I just have to figure out how to make egg rolls and my husband would be in HEAVEN!! 🙂
- 2 to 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ C. chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ C. low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ C. honey
- ¼ C. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¾ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ C. water
- 2 TBSP. cornstarch
- optional garnish: chopped green onions, sesame seeds
- Place the raw chicken breasts into the pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, onion, crushed garlic, pepper, and ginger. Pour over the chicken. Mix to make sure all the chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Use quick release to release pressure. Once chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk it into the sauce and use the Sauté setting, continuing to whisk. Cook for a few minutes while the sauce begins to boil and thicken.
- Turn off the pot. Place the shredded chicken back in with the sauce and stir to coat. Serve over rice and garnish, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.